Our Symbol of Celebration
She put up her pans!
Our presentation of cakes to you was a celebration of our friendship or the celebration of the home you purchased or sold with The Kiker Team. Very often, it was a celebration of both!
As we thank Polly, for a job very well done, our promise to you is continued, exceptional Real Estate services to each and every one of you!
Polly’s Cake RecipeCake Recipe:
- 2 Cups + 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 7 Tbsp. Cocoa
- Dash of Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Can Del Monte Beets + Liquid
- Mash beets until fine (I use a blender) and mix all ingredients together
- Use two—8 inch layer pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes (to avoid cake cracking)
- Remove from pans and leave on wire rack until cool
- Frost with your favorite frosting or use my recipe!
- 1 lb. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Heaping tbsp. Cocoa
- 1/2 Stick Butter, Softened
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa and stir together until evenly combined
- Make a “well” on the center of the sugar/cocoa mixture
- Melt softened butter and add a splash of milk
- Stir as you slowly add the butter & milk into the middle of the “well” in the sugar/cocoa mixture
- Add enough liquid to make frosting a good spreadable consistency
- Stir in the vanilla and the salt